I'll try to explain what's working right and what ain't working yet.
- Hooking up ZynAddSubFX to PureData using Jack
- Getting my WiiRemote hooked up to PureData
- Triggering events with the use of the WiiMote buttons
Not working (yet):
- Getting a continuous note on while pressing one of the buttons (read the UPDATE below !!! )
So the problem is:
When pressing a button on my WiiMote I get a MIDI "note on" message, I get another MIDI "note on" message when I release the button (pressing and releasing a button on my WiiRemote triggers MIDI "note on" messages). I know PureData doesn't send note-off messages, instead it sends an other note-on message with the volume equal to zero.
Download the PureData script of 14 February here (check below for the update!!!).
Update (breakthrough !!!):
All right during my skiing trip to Winterberg (Germany) I had a sudden brainwave. As a result of it I now have an almost finished polyphonic PureData script (as far as MIDI allows you to), which converts WiiRemote buttons to MIDI. It is almost finished because I 'll have to fry my brains on the following issues:
- The sharps (C-sharp, D-sharp, etc.)
- Octave toggling (up and down)
Download the latest PureData script of 26 February here.
I am working hard to find a solution, if anyone knows how to solve this issue then please